Sunday, October 2, 2011

1-A Dramatization

A. Read the script below.

A TOUR TO THE SCHOOL LIBRARY
Librarian: Well, here we are. Do you like it?
Grace: Yes, it’s cool and quiet here.
Anna: Ma’am, could you explain how all these books are arranged?
Librarian: Certainly. I’ll do that as we walk past the book shelves.
Grace: Ma’am, I wonder if you could lend me a dictionary. You see, I’m writing a report in English. I have to be very careful about my choice of words.
Librarian: Sorry, I can’t do that. It’s a reference material that cannot be checked out.
Grace: Why? I’ll return it tomorrow, Ma’am.
Librarian: Reference materials are for room use only. Many students refer to them at all hours of the day, so these materials have to be in the library the whole day. 


B. Answer the following questions.
  1. What are the requests of the two students?
  2. What expressions do they use in making these requests?
  3. What expressions does the librarian use in agreeing to requests or in refusing requests?


No comments:

Post a Comment